Mixed herb omelette with chips
8 large eggs
3 tsp each of chopped chives, tarragon and flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp pink peppercorns, roughly crushed, extra to garnish
For the chips
600g potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
Low-calorie cooking spray
Salt and ground black pepper
For the salad:
200g mixed salad leaves
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
Juice of 1 lemon
1) Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the chips for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Spray with cooking spray, toss to coat, then spread on a baking tray in a single layer. Season and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
2) Meanwhile, put all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
3) For each omellette, lightly whisk 2 eggs in alarge bowl. Add a quarter of the herbs, season with salt and pepper and 1/2 tsp crushed peppercorns, and whisk again.
4) Spray a medium frying pan with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and gently shake the pan to distribute evenly. Cook for 20 seconds, or until it starts to bubble, then draw the mixture into the centre with a wooden spoon and shake the pan again. The omellette is cooked when the base is set but it is still slightly runny in the middle ( or cook for longer, until set)
5) Fold the omelette, turn onto a plate and keep warm, while you make the remaing omelettes. Sprinkle with extra pink pepper, and serve with the chips and salad.