1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1 tso chilli powder
750g skinless chicken breasts fillets, cut into strips
2 red and yellow peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g passata with onion and garlic
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
350g dried basmati rice
Roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced, to garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
1) Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and place over a medium heat. Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
2) Mix the turmeric and chilli powder together in a large bowl, add the chicken and toss well. Transfer the chicken to the pan and lightly brown for 6-8 minutes.
3) Stir in the peppers, tomatoes, passata and dried spices. Cover and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if it's too dry.
4) Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
5) Spoon the curry and rice into bowls, garnish with the coriander and chilli, and serve with lime wedges.