Syns per serving: 2 on Extra Easy Serves: 4 Ready in: 30-60 mins
650g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
350g swede, peeled and cut into chunks
salt and freshly ground black pepper
low calorie cooking spray
3 onions, thinly sliced
8 Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself Cumberland Sausages, Less Than 3% Fat
300ml boiling chicken stock
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp mustard powder
2 tsp sweetener
leaves of 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Boil the potatoes and swede in lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain, leaving 3-4 tablespoons of the water in the pan. Season, mash until smooth and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 15 minutes or until they soften and turn golden.
- Grill the sausages according to the packet instructions.
- Add the stock to the onions along with the Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, sweetener and most of the thyme leaves. Season and boil for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mash between shallow bowls, top with the sausages and spoon
over the onion gravy. Grind over a little black pepper, scatter the remaining thyme leaves and serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Tip: *We’ve counted 1 Syn each for the sausages but Syn values for branded foods can change.